Crepes are a multicultural food favorite. You can choose to make an Indonesian crepe or a normal crepe from the pancake mix. Whatever be the raw material, it always tastes awesome.
The biggest challenge, however, is the perfect set of tools and appliances to make it. You need to have the best crepe maker to get the perfect and uniform thinness.
There is a general conception that you can make crepes in any pan. That is what you see in most YouTube videos. Right? But there is always a difference between what professionals do and what a homeowner does. You make crepes for 1 or 2 meal times. You don’t afford to waste the time.
If one crepe sticks to the pan surface, you will have to remove it first and make a new one. So, it becomes important to own the best crepe maker machine.
In the market, there are hundreds of products that claim to be the best. So, we decided to test the most reviewed ones, and here is what we felt.Table could not be displayed.
10 Best Crepe Maker
Here are the 10 best crepe maker machines based on the best crepe maker reviews across various platforms. Have a read:
1.Nonstick 12-Inch Electric Crepe Maker–
If you are looking for the best crepe maker in the market, this one is sure to catch your attention. A wide 12-inch cooking surface allows you to make a big sized crepe. The cooking surface is a non-stick aluminum hot plate.
Its maintenance is easy. You can cook other food items like omelets, bacon, and even sauté little veggies. Overall, it can serve as your one-pan-for-all appliance.
- 1200 watt power
- Adjustable temperature
- LED light indicator to let you know when food is cooked
- Wooden spatula and batter spreader free with the machine
- Noiseless operation
Making crepes can get tricky if you are new to cooking. However, this model will provide a purpose if you are a professional cook.
It can be used for cooking several other dishes too. As it is pocket-friendly, you can buy it on a tight budget too.
2.Chefman Electric Crepe Maker-
This crepe maker is a unique combination of perfection and ease of use. It comes with a wide 12-inch cooking surface. You can easily make big crepes. You can sauté veggies, make omelets, or toast. Altogether, it is an all-in-one crepe maker.
What makes it stand apart is the indicator that lights up when the cooking surface gets heated up. So, you need to test the surface by dropping batter.
- Temperature control
- cETL approved gadget
- Large cooking area
- Free wooden spatula and batter spreader
Your need for a crepe maker can be varied. It can be for making a quick, healthy breakfast or for elaborate meal plans.
One thing that makes it special is its safety certification. However, its slow heating can be a big turnoff for those who make crepes in a jiffy.
3.iSiLER Electric Crepe Maker-
One issue that haunts every person who asks crepes is overflowing batter. This electric crepe maker strategically eliminates that point by adding a rim along the circumference of the cooking area. It is helpful for new cooks.
Not only that, but you can also cook several other dishes like toasts, omelets, stir-fried veggies, and rice, pancakes, and pizza. It comes with an excellent thermostat and overheats protection system.
You need not fear about the burning of your food. We feel it is the perfect option for those who wish to switch to a healthy, home-cooked breakfast before heading to work or college.
- 1080 W high power output
- Overheating protection system
- The large cooking surface of 30.7cm
- Nonstick surface
- Easy temperature controller
This is a well-designed crepe girdle with a ridge that ensures the crepes are in shape. Its temperature control mechanism is very efficient.
4.Moss & Stone Electric Crepe Maker-
So, you are new to cooking and low on budget. What would you go for? This model of crepe maker is perfect for such a situation. It comes with an 8-inch cooking surface. It is lightweight and comes with a comfortable long handle.
To make a crepe, you need to invert the heated cooking surface over the bowl of batter. A thin layer will form over it. Let it cook and ta-da! Your crepes are ready to devour!
- 800W power output
- Automatic temperature control
- Long handle
- Free batter bowl
- Easy to clean non-stick surface
This crepe maker has excellent temperature control. With an easy to use design, even the elderly can use it.
You need to learn how much to dip the cooking surface into the batter for perfect thickness.
5.Crepe Maker Machine Pancake Griddle-
Get the aroma of fresh crepes every morning with this crepe making machine. The large 12-inch diameter gives you perfectly golden-browned crepes every time you cook. With raised ridges, no need to worry about overflowing batter.
Spread the batter uniformly with the free batter spreader and then flip it with the spatula. If you think crepes are boring, then try from the 100 crepe recipes free with this machine.
You get the efficiency of an aluminum non-stick surface and ease of use of 2 temperature settings. So, experience crepe making like never before.
- The 12-inch aluminum non-stick cooking girdle
- Multi-purpose girdle
- 1000 W power output
- Free batter spreader, spatula, and a cookbook
- Light-weight, compact and portable
G&M is an American company that manufactures this crepe machine. Though it does not have high on accessory features like temperature control, its user-oriented design and multi-purpose aluminum girdle attract the customers. A 12-inch girdle is enough to cook large crepes.
6.Proctor Silex 38400 Electric Crepe Maker-
Do you need a perfect kitchen gadget that can take away all your breakfast vows? Then, go for proctor silex 38400 electric crepe maker. It is the best crepe maker in the market with multi-level temperature control. You can control how hot the heating surface is.
This means you can easily get soft-cooked crepes as well as golden browned ones. A large 13-inch girdle is perfect to make a big sized crepe. You can even cook other dishes on it like pancakes, tortillas, flatbreads, and omelets.
The ridge along the circumference ensures that the batter does not flow down while making. The packet comes with a batter spreader, cup, and a large spatula.
- 13-inch non-stick cooking surface
- 8 level temperature control
- Free batter cup, spreader, and extra-large spatula free in the packet
- 1-year warranty
If you are low on budget but want to have amazing kitchen gadgets, then nothing can beat this model. It comes with a large cooking surface and with a highly efficient temperature control system. The only demerit is its old design. But who cares when you are getting perfect crepes?
7.CucinaPro Cordless Crepe Maker-
Crepe making is a serious business. You miss the perfect thickness and your whole dish is ruined. But what to do if you are always on the go? You should opt for this cordless model. It is portable besides being highly efficient in cooking.
It has a heating tray similar to the electric kettles. Let the crepe maker get heated. There is an indicator that glows when the non-stick surface is perfectly hot.
Flip it over the batter and remove it. Let one side cook. Now, turn it using a wooden spatula. Cook the other side. The thinnest crepes are ready to be served!
- Cordless design
- Automatic heating indicator
- Non-stick surface
- 7.5-inch cooking surface
- Free batter spreader and dipping plate
It is a simple design that does not need much expertise to cook crepes. You only need to gauge how long you need to hold it over the batter bowl for the required thickness. It is cheap which is a plus point.
8.Salton Cordless Electric Crepe Maker-
Once you get used to having crepes, there’s no looking back. You can experiment with a whole lot of batter and toppings. You can go for the sweet variant or the savory one. But one thing that remains common is the need for thin crepes that cook fast.
This model by Salton fulfills all these requirements. The cordless design allows you to efficiently dip it in the batter while keeping the surface heated. The non-stick cooking face prevents sticking. All you get is a nicely cooked crepe.
You can even cook other dishes like bacon, tortillas, or chapatis on it. It comes with one heat setting. So you don’t need to constantly re-adjust the heat setting.
The 7.5-inch cooking surface may be an issue as it gives smaller crepes. But this device is perfect if you know how to manage.
- 7.5-inch non-stick cooking surface
- Cordless design, easy to maneuver and store
- Batter pan and spatula included in the pack
- 5 year limited warranty
If you are looking for a dedicated crepe maker on a limited budget, you can go for this model. You will beautifully cook thin crepes.
You may need the practice to master the art of holding the crepe maker inverted in the batter.
Keep it for the prescribed 3 seconds only. If you keep longer, you will get thicker crepes.
9.Health and Home Crepe Maker-
If you are looking for a sophisticated crepe maker machine on a tight budget, then this model is definitely for you. Its sleek design is attractive.
The 13-inch cooking surface is non-stick. You get a large crepe without worrying about it getting stuck on the girdle.
1000W power output ensures fast cooking. The raised ridge along with the circumference controls overflowing batter. This crepe maker is an all-in-one machine with 3 temperature settings.
You can adjust the heat to low, medium, or high according to your preference and batter material. The indicator will glow up automatically when the girdle is hot enough to cook.
- 1000 W power output
- 13-inch cooking surface
- 3 temperature setting
- Attractive and sleek design
- Handles on opposite sides for easy carrying
- Free batter spreader and spatula
This model is a new design and an efficient mechanism.
10. J-Jati Nonstick 12-Inch Electric Crepe Maker-
Are you tight on budget but crave for crepes every morning? Well, this J-Jati nonstick crepe maker will solve all your problems. It is super cheap. With a 12-inch aluminum non-stick girdle, it lets you cook paper-thin crepes, pancakes, dosas, chapatis, tortillas, blintzes, and a lot more dishes.
It is that one kitchen gadget that can double up as your cooking friend on trips and hikes.
- The 12-inch aluminum non-stick cooking surface
- Free batter spreader and spatula
- Multi-purpose girdle
- Compact and easy to clean design
- An automatic indicator that shuts down when the girdle is hot enough to cook.
Grab yourself some crepe mix and cook lots of crepes with this affordable crepe maker. You will not regret it.
Buyer’s Guide of Best Crepe Maker:
Once you have made up your mind to get a crepe maker, the obvious question that arises is, how to buy the best electric crepe maker? Read this guide to know more:
The cooking surface:
The crepe maker comes on different surfaces. You can opt for a non-stick surface, aluminum surface, cast-iron surface, or steel surface. It depends completely on your personal preference and also your cooking expertise.
Those who are used to making crepes can expertly make them thin even on an iron skillet. But if you are a new cook, you will find it tough even on a non-stick surface. However, a non-stick surface will guarantee that the crepe does not stick. So, choose accordingly.
Crepes are meant to be medium-large. So, always opt for a large cooking area crepe maker. Most good brands come with a 12-16 inch cooking area which is fairly big. If you get a small crepe maker, you will need to cook more.
A medium-large sized crepe can feed more number of people. This will ensure that you feed maximum people in minimum effort.
Heating capacity: Here you need to pay attention to 3 aspects:
- The power output: The higher the power output, the faster the crepe maker heats up. However, there is a twist. The power output that electric crepe machines need may not be practical according to the electrical wiring of your home.
So, always check the amp rating of the crepe maker. If it matches your kitchen’s sockets, then buy it. Another option is getting the sockets replaced in your kitchen. But always ensure that both the amp ratings of the crepe maker and kitchen socket match.
- Temperature control: Crepes are made from different types of flour. Some cook up quickly while some need time. Also, the cooking temperature varies. If your crepe maker allows you to control both these, crepes are going to be flavorful.
So, always look for efficient temperature control. We would suggest that you opt for a crepe machine that offers temperature between 120 to 575 degrees F. most batter types cook in this temperature range.
- Over-heating control: You poured batter but got interrupted by a call. All you get is a burnt crepe. With an over-heating controller, the heating panel switches off after it exceeds a particular temperature. It ensures that your food does not get burnt.
- Portability: A portable electric crepe maker has multiple benefits. It is easier to clean the stovetop by moving it. You can carry it with yourself on vacations, trips, or even on hikes. Rest assured, you will have a healthy crepe anywhere you go. Portability matters most to the college students and those in transferrable jobs. If you live in a dorm, getting a proper meal may not be easy. Having the best electric crepe maker will solve a major problem. You can even carry it when you leave your college.
- Maintenance: Always invest in a crepe maker that is easy to clean. Most electric crepe makers develop a thick layer of crepe crust after repeated use. You need to scratch that away to keep the surface even. An uneven cooking surface affects the texture of the crepe. Look for the crepe maker machine that is easy to clean.
- Additional features: You should also look for additional features like the inclusion of batter spreader, spatula, crepe molds, batter ladle, and oil brush.
FAQ‘s of Best Crepe Maker:
1. What else can you make on a crepe maker?
A crepe maker is a multi-functional appliance. You can cook:
- Any variation of crepes
You can also heat these on the crepe maker:
2. What kind of pan do you use for crepes?
You can use either of these for making crepes:
- Stainless steel pan
- Cast iron pan
- Seasoned iron skillet
- Non-stick crepe pan
3. How do you use a crepe maker?
There are 2 types of crepe makers:
- Hot plate girdle type: You need to pour the batter over the hot surface. Spread it using a wooden roller. Let it cook.
- Non-stick pan invert type: You need to keep the crepe mix in a big bowl. Now, invert the hot crepe maker over this mix. A thin layer forms. Let it cool and then remove it.
4. Is a crepe maker worth it?
With a crepe maker, you are assured of perfect crepes every time. No sticking and under cooked or overcooked crepes.
5. Is a crepe pan necessary?
Absolutely. To get the perfect texture of the crepe, you need to have a crepe pan.
6. Are crepe makers portable?
Yes! You can easily pack them and take them wherever you go. Just wipe the cooking surface and bubble wrap it to ensure it does not get scratched.
As we can see, there are numerous types and brands of electric crepe makers available in the market. When you venture out to buy the best electric crepe maker, you need to pay attention to all the aspects mentioned in the buyer’s guide above.
Additionally, one factor that affects the buyers is the purpose. If you own a restaurant, an electric crepe maker with just one girdle will be of no use. Similarly, a large girdled and multiple-girdled crepe maker will be useless for a regular household.
So, go for a typical girdle where you need to spread batter if you know how to make crepes or if you have time to learn that. If you want something to ease your cooking by reducing time and effort, go for the models that need to be inverted into the batter bowl.